Friday, September 7, 2012

Eat to Live: Part 1

I actually finished this book a few weeks ago.  But was waiting to finish my book review until I finished his 6 week challenge.  Here is my review I put on goodreads.com.  This is a basic summary and I would really like to expand on this book and it's concepts in my blog.


Eat to Live: The Revolutionary Formula for Fast and Sustained Weight LossEat to Live: The Revolutionary Formula for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss by Joel Fuhrman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is so informative.  I learned so much!  I am in the middle of the 6 week challenge and I feel so great!  I will post a full review when I get done with the 6 week challenge.

Update: I finished the 6 week challenge.  I lost just over 10 lbs. and continue to lose weight  (I wasn't obese to start with).  I have cut down my medications by about half.  I feel great!  My skin looks amazing.  I haven't had a single spec of acne in a month.  I haven't had restless legs and muscle cramps in just over 5 weeks.  My mind feels more alert, I sleep better, I have more energy, I am less moody, my period is lighter, I have less menstrual cramps, my eyes aren't as dry, and I lost 10 pounds!

This book is a little extreme and I will be honest going out to eat really sucks now.  It is easier to cook something at home.  It is hard if you are doing this diet yourself, like I did and I wish someone would do it with me.

There are few outlandish claims Dr. Fuhrman makes, but overall I think the concepts in this book make sense.  I think if everyone even did his diet half heartedly America would be a much healthier place!


View all my reviews

1 comment:

Tannie Datwyler said...

I've wanted to read this book. Tell me, can you give me a glimpse of what the diet is like??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...