Monday, November 26, 2012

Rubber Band Fly Shooters

Here is an interesting fact about the Maybury family.  All of the boys can shoot flies with rubber bands.    I am talking about traditional house flies and just regular rubber bands.  All of the boys can do it.  They learned from Grandpa Grant.  Grant could shoot the flies in mid air.  It was really cool!  People don't believe it when I tell them about the rubber band fly shooting boys.  But, I have never owned a fly swatter since being married to Kyle. There was never a need for one.  
Now that Grant is getting old enough Kyle has started teaching him how to shoot flies with rubber bands.  There is an art to being able to shoot so accurately.  The first important detail is how the rubber band sits at the end of your finger.  Second, you have to pull the band straight back and at max capacity.    I don't know the rest and don't need to because I already have one great fly shooter and I have another in training!  


2 comments:

Tannie Datwyler said...

Seriously? I LOVE this!! Thanks for sharing.

jessica said...

That is awesome!! Brayden always complains about the flies. We just need to learn your skills

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...