Thursday, October 3, 2013

A New Leaf or...

maybe an old leaf, but a different perspective.

We have had a lot of talks and devotionals in our ward and stake about missionary service.  Our stake president extended a full time missionary call to every member of our stake.  Our ward has really caught on to the missionary bug.  I have too!

I have always been so scared to open my mouth.  (I know I am always talking, but I never talk about the church.)  I am so grateful for the new found understanding of missionary work.

I am finding a new purpose in meeting new friends, especially neighbors who attend other churches.  I have always loved meeting new people, but now I want to share the Gospel with them too.

I love the Gospel so much.  The Gospel brings me so much joy and peace.  I have found the desire to share it with others like I would share an exciting new recipe or a super sale or a great movie.  I can't stop thinking about the Gospel and I want to talk about it all the time.

I have started reading the Book of Mormon every morning with Grant and Celeste.  We only read about 5-10 verses because that is all they can handle.  It will take us a VERY LONG time to finish the Book of Mormon.  We are not having a race, but small spiritual moments.  I have loved reading it with them and when we miss a day I can feel a difference.  Reading such small amounts forces me to summarize the things we read last time and help explain what we just read.  I have been amazed at how much information and how many principles can be covered in just a few short verses.  My testimony of the Book of Mormon has been strengthened through our daily study.

I am so excited for General Conference this weekend.  I can't wait to hear the voice of our wonderful Prophet and his apostles.  I was able to go to the General Relief Society meeting and found it so up lifting.  It was just what I needed.  I was bummed I couldn't go to the dinner before hand, but I was definitely fed spiritually.

If you are reading this and are currently not active or a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints I want you to know that the Lord loves you.  He wants you to be happy.  You can find happiness in the love of our Savior Jesus Christ.  I feel of His love every day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...