Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Halloween 2013

We had a wonderful Halloween this year!  Before I got onto the events of Halloween Day I need to mention that the weekend before Halloween Grant and I went to his school's Halloween Carnival.  He didn't want to go at all!  I had to nearly drag him there, but I told him that we had already paid for him to go and so we were going.  (Come to find out later we actually never paid because Grant left his money in his back pack.  I feel really guilty about going when we didn't pay and so I am making a $5 donation to the PTA.)
Any way... we had a great time at the carnival.  Grant saw a ton of his friends from church and school.  We ended up staying almost the whole time. 
Now on to Halloween.  Grant complained since the carnival about having to go trick-or-treating.  He said that we had enough candy at home.  He didn't need to go out and get more.  When I told him that we were giving most of our candy away he was kind of bummed, but still not motivated enough to go.  
Once again Kyle and I knew he would have fun if he just went.  Kyle and I decided to get dressed up ourselves and see if that motivated him.  Kyle dressed up like Wolverine (or if you are the stupid lady in Toys R Us you would call him Edward Scissorhands).  I got my Black Widow outfit on and Celeste got her costume on and then Grant started to get excited.  
By the time the first trick-or-treater showed up Grant was binging off the walls with excitement.  He couldn't wait to go.
I wanted some pictures of all of us, but we didn't get one.  Oh well!  





I love my "super boys"  they are awesome!  I never have to worry about bad guys because we always have a strong hero around the house.






It took me a couple of tries to get one of the kids together that I liked.  None of them turned out perfect, but I love Hulk's hand over Celeste' face and Celeste just grinning.  So I am happy!



Celeste was a sweet little kitty!  She even took a cat nap in her costume while I was handing out candy.


And here are the amazing pumpkins:



Grant's is the ghost, Celeste the Hello Kitty witch, and Kyle's is Darth Maul.  I really tried to get a good picture of it, but it is really hard to take a picture in the dark.  My flash kept wanting to come on and I couldn't hold still to make it not blurry.





Grant wanted to see how much candy he got.  He was so excited when he counted 14 Kit Kat candy bars.  One was even a full size.  He had a great time and was glad he went.


Happy Halloween!






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...