In the past we have carved pumpkins with our immediate and extended families. Since we have moved away we get to have our own family party. It is bittersweet!
We started out with a delicious cheese potato soup in honor of my grandma and called it "witches brew." I made my mom's famous rolls and Grant called them "skeleton pillows." I made homemade jam the day before and we called it "vampire blood." I made candy corn cookies for dessert. Yes, I was cooking all day and was completely exhausted that night.
We carved our pumpkins. We had spent the night before picking out our designs. I got my pumpkin and Grant's pumpkin gutted. I got half of mine carved, but then I went visiting teaching and Kyle had to carve all the pumpkins including finishing mine.
I will post pictures of our finished pumpkins. Kyle's pumpkin was amazing! He was up until 1 AM finishing his pumpkin.
We had lots of fun getting ready for Halloween!







No comments:
Post a Comment