Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving has turned out to be quite interesting this year.  We always spend the holiday with extended family.  Since we have moved away we have either gone to family or family has come to us.  This year however, we are alone.  
We contemplated boycotting the traditional dinner and going out to eat for Thanksgiving dinner.  We really did consider it, but for the kids' sake we are going to keep it traditional.  
I tried to find a widow or elderly couple who would appreciate a Thanksgiving meal, but I didn't have much success.  
I have so much to be grateful for that I can't possibly put it all down into a single post.  I have attempted to put a list of gratitude together over the course of the entire month of November, yet I still don't feel like I can cover it all.  
However, this year I feel like everything in my life boils down to one simple truth and that is:

 I believe in Christ.

It is through Christ that I find hope, courage, joy, peace, and faith.  Characteristics I need to be a mom, a wife, a friend, and a daughter of God.
I believe that all of my blessings including my family, my children, my shelter, my life, my health, and everything else are all a result of Christ loving me and blessing me.
I am thankful for this simple and profound knowledge.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...