I have found that in the last year since Grant was born things are just not the same. Having a child is the greatest thing ever, but it changes the way you look at life. In same ways it is a good thing. I no longer care as much about keeping things as organized as I used to. It doesn't mean that the clutter isn't driving me insane but I choose not to care. Life goes too fast to worry about folding underwear, which is why ours have been in the dryer for almost a week now. Grant grows up way too fast to not stop and cuddle with him at night before he goes to bed. I am grateful for these things I have learned. I think it is important to remember the little things in life. However, children also put a new twists on your life in other ways. Here are some examples:
1. You know it is a bad thing when you and your husband try to play peek-a-boo and "get you get you goo" when you are by yourselves.
2. You feel like you have lost something if you don't have three bags, blanket, and shoes in your hands as you run into a store.
3. You have mastered the art of keeping your child from climbing on the bathroom floors while you go to the bathroom in public restrooms.
4. The only thing you buy when you go to Cosco is diapers, formula, and wipes.
5. You cut your own food into tiny pieces that you could pick up with your fingers if you wanted to.
6. You no longer enjoy peaceful showers by yourself.
7. You no longer sing in the shower for fun, but rather to keep your child from screaming so you can finish.
8. You start wiping your own face with a wash rag after mealtime.
9. You can recite all of your child's bed time stories from memory. "In a far away kingdom, a long time ago...."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
You don't mind getting slobbered on, puked on, or boogers on you quite as much anymore.
and I hear you on #9!
"In the big red barn, in the great green field, there was a pink pig learning to squeal!
Amen! That's so fun when you read it, and can relate to all of it! Even though it sounds pathetic! Haha! But it's all worth it!
That is hilarious. I'm sure I'll
be in for some of those as Braden gets older. I love that picture of Grant with the cup. You have such a cute little boy!
Such fun memories! At least your son is adorable :-) How does he like his new xylophone? Ha ha
"In the great green room, there was a telephone; and a red balloon; and a picture of..."
I've also found myself making even MORE of a fool out of myself when I'm trying to get Mya to smile for a picture--whether we're in public or not :).
Being a mom, rocks, huh?
We should get together sometime...you drive south and we'll drive north and we'll meet at Ben and Shauna's place!!
Hi. I stumbled here from Lori's blog. I just had to say that these are all too too true!
Ashlie
jojofam.blogspot.com
Post a Comment