Sunday, March 4, 2012

I Can't Hear You!

This post needs a little background information.
Grant has really never cared much for the Sesame Street Program.  He has liked the classic characters like Elmo, Ernie, Bert, Oscar, and Cookie Monster.  We have really like SesameStreet.com!

They have some fun games and videos.  If you haven't played on it before it is worth it.  I would suggest going on first and finding some activities you think your child would like and create a free "My Street" account.  Then you can get to all of your favorites quickly.

Grant loved Elmo when he was about one year old.  Then he started liking Elmo.  The older he gets the more characters he likes.  He has started liking Ernie and Bert.  He finds their interactions funny.

One of Grant's favorite videos is when Ernie puts a banana in his ear.  Bert comes along and gets really frustrated because Ernie can't hear him.  Here is the link to the Banana in Your Ear video.  (It is only 38 seconds.) Once you watch the video then you will understand the current joke at our house.  Any time someone doesn't respond to a command or question we ask if they have a banana in their ear.

Now to the post...

Yesterday, we went to the store and got a few groceries including some bananas.  When we got home I asked Grant a number of times what he would like for dinner.  I had given him a couple of choices, but he wouldn't decide.  While I was unloading the I turned around and with my back towards Grant I asked him again, "what do you want for dinner Grant?" He responds, "what mom?"
I turn around and see...

He starts laughing and says, "mom I can't hear you because I have a banana in my ear."  

I love this boy! He has such a great since of humor.  It is so much fun watching his little mind work and grow.  

2 comments:

Tannie Datwyler said...

Oh my goodness!! That is so hilarious. :)

Unknown said...

What a goof ball!! I miss you guys! Grant looks so big and not a toddler anymore.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...