Water for Elephants by Sara GruenMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
I picked up the book because I had a few friends say they liked the movie. I don't like to watch a movie and then read the book. So I refused to watch the movie until I read this book. I have to say I really liked the book. I bought the book on audible.com. I enjoyed the voices they picked for the young and old Jacob. It made the story a little more entertaining.
I really liked the story. I have always been slightly intrigued by the people who worked on a circus. I thought the story was interesting and enjoyed the plot. I even liked the rivalry between Jacob and August. I thought Sara did a really good job writing a realistic perspective from two males who are in love with the same woman.
I can't whole heartedly recommend this book because I thought the use of one particular curse word was a little over the top. I found it completely unnecessary more than half the time. There is a strip tease scene and a short sex scene, but I didn't find it terribly offensive. I liked this book overall, but will probably not read it again.
View all my reviews




No comments:
Post a Comment