Saturday, June 15, 2013

More Than A Doctor


In February of 2011 I had a miscarriage.  I was so devastated, like so many other woman.  I had tried to get pregnant for about 6 months prior to that and the loss was heart breaking.  The same week I miscarried Kyle got offered a job in Boise, Idaho.  To make a long story short we moved to Boise in June 2011.

I loved Dr. Gary Fowers in Logan.  I told him we were moving and in between sobs I tried to convince him to move with us.  It didn't work.

I was very nervous about finding a new OB/GYN and I did a lot of shopping around.  A friend of mine referred me to Dr. Kerry Lowder.  She had seen him for a few months during her first pregnancy before switching for insurance reasons.   I felt good about Dr. Lowder and decided to give him a try. 

I liked him from the moment I met him.  We just clicked!  He is kind of goofy and says the dumbest things sometimes, but so do I and it works.  For almost a year I met with him on a monthly basis, if not more than that as he helped me get pregnant with Celeste.  We did a long list of fertility treatments before I finally got pregnant.  Then I continued to see him through the whole pregnancy.  I know more about him than I do a lot of other people I would call friends.

I could make a long list of the wonderful things he has done for me.  The little random acts of kindness that most doctors don't do for their patients.  I have a very special place in my heart for this man.  He is almost like a dad to me.  Kyle and other people think I have an odd relationship with Dr. Lowder, but after going through so much it is hard not to.  I have cried multiple times in this man's office.  I have shared the most personal experiences.  I have asked the most embarrassing questions.  I have trusted this man with my health and future children.  To me it isn't a mystery why Dr. Lowder has such a special place in my heart.

After I had Celeste I really wanted a picture of Dr. Lowder.  I think he was kind of shocked when I asked him to pose for this picture, but I am glad I did.  I have another one of him smiling at Celeste.  It is a little blurry, but it is very sweet.  I am so glad I got this shot.  This picture means a lot to me.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...