Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Two Lucille's

Two weeks before I had Celeste my Grandma fell down the stairs.  She wasn't seriously injured, but the fall really took a toll on her health.  I was really worried about her recovery. My Grandma is the only grandparent I had any type of relationship with.  She is one the of the nicest and most forgiving people I know. 

My Grandma's middle name is Lucille and we really were considering using the name Lucille for Celeste.  When Celeste was born we decided to use Lucille as her middle name.  My Grandma was tickled when she saw pictures of her great granddaughter who would share her name.  

By the first week in June my Grandma's health was not improving.  I was really worried my daughter would never meet her namesake.  We made a rush trip to Utah to see my Grandma.  

Luckily, the few days we were down my Grandma had the best two days she had in more than a month.  She had the strength to hold Celeste.  She couldn't hold her for very long because she is still so weak.  My Grandma is also  in a lot of pain and sleeps a lot.  I really hope she can recover soon.   We are planning Celeste's baby blessing in a few weeks and I would really like my Grandma to come.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...