Monday, June 3, 2013

Winnie's War


Winnie's WarWinnie's War by Jenny Moss
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I liked this book!  I would actually give it 3.5 stars.  It is a nice short story with an interesting plot.

The author basis the story from true events in the early 1900's when the Spanish flu hit major cities in the United States.

Winnie is a young girl, who lives with her parents, sisters and a mean grandmother, with determination and a heart of gold.  Winnie and her grandmother don't seem to get along very well and Winnie often feels picked on.

As the flu starts to spread through Winnie's small town she begins to worry about what will happen to her friends and family.  I won't spoil the story, but Winnie's strength of character is stalwart as she faces her most awful fears.

No sex and no swearing.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...