Friday, June 20, 2014

Belize

Our next stop landed us in Belize!  We took a short bus ride to the Bacab Eco Park and got to see some of the city.
The scenery is amazing!  I am in love with tropical flowers and plants.  I took quite a few pictures of plants and I just have to share them.  For me they are so unique and beautiful.  



At the Bacab Eco Park we went horseback riding through the jungle!  What an adventure!  We had so much fun. 



Kyle rode the horse named Sea Biscuit.  My horse's name was Boss Fred.


Boss Fred's head bobbing through the jungle.

We saw amazing plants and wildlife!


 As we rode through the jungle we saw a couple large iguanas hanging in the trees.  We also saw and heard Holler Monkeys.  Kyle saw some big beetles (I refused to look).  I tried to take pictures, but Boss Fred was not having it.  If I stopped for a second he would think we were there to eat, pick a mouth full of leaves, and not budge.

Our tour guide showed us lots of plants used for herbal remedies.  I wish I could have brought some home, but I couldn't.  I did eat a lime tree leaf.  It was really limey and not sweet at all.  I liked it though.  The people on our tour thought I was crazy for eating it.






After our tour a guy found this spider.  He let it climb all over him.  I thought he was nuts!  I can't believe I even took pictures of the thing.  Kyle insisted I take the pictures for Grant.  Grant did think this spider was cool.




After our horse ride we hung out and ate lunch.  Check out this crocodile! (No I wasn't getting any closer for a better picture)



This lady was at the park selling jewelry to tourists.  I paid her to make Celeste a bracelet with her name in it.  She made it in about 15 minutes.  She was so nice and called everyone "Honey."




There was this really beautiful pool that we didn't get a chance to swim in, but we really liked it and so I made Kyle pose by it.



Look at this stud!  For all those Napoleon Dynamite fans out there "do you think this picture will turn out real nice?"



I saw this sign for "showers" but didn't see any shower heads or water apparently you just let the humidity wash you off. 

On the way back to the ship we convinced our tour guide to stop at a fruit stand.   I bought 12 mangos for $1.  If they let me bring mangos back to the states I would have bought out the entire fruit stand.  Kyle and I shared some of the mangos with other people on our bus and then we each ate two mangos.  They were the best mangos I have ever eaten!  I was in heaven and also covered in mango juice.  It was so fun!

The port for Belize is too small for cruise ships to dock near land.  So our boat just anchored and we took about a 15 minute boat ride to Belize.  I think it is absolutely fascinating how a cruise ship works.  Therefore, I found it cool that a door could just open up off the side of the boat.   We were just a few feet from the ocean.  I literally could have jumped into the sea!  I am a total nerd!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...