By: Patricia Harman
This book was amazing! I couldn't put this book down. Before I go any further though I would like to say the book is a little graphic. My husband would get sick just by reading lines over my shoulder. He doesn't do well with descriptive birth stories. If you are a nurse or don't mind descriptive details of child birth this book is for you!
With that being said I think that is why I liked this book so much. It was descriptive. I could tell the author had experience with child birth because the details were so profound and realistic. I could relate to almost all of the mother's because I am a mother and I have experienced child birth.
I cried when the mothers lost their babies and I laughed when they would yell or do funny things during delivery.
I loved the side story and the story of how Patience became such a strong and independent woman.
I would recommend this story if you don't mind a little "blood and guts," but like I said before it isn't violent. Just graphic. No swearing and no sex scenes.
Saturday, June 14, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment