Sunday, June 15, 2014

Cozumel

Kyle and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary on May 20th.  We wanted to do something fun for our anniversary and so we decided to go on a cruise!  We had so much fun!  It took me a couple of days to really relax and stop worrying about the kids.  It was senseless worry since I knew my mom would take good care of them.  I was glad I was in the middle of the ocean with no cell phone service.  It helped me be able to relax.
We flew into Miami on Saturday, May 31 and spent the night in Miami.  Our cruise set sail on June 1st.  Monday was a day at sea and we just relaxed and took it easy on the boat.  



On Tuesday we stopped at the port of Cozumel, Mexico.  We took a small ferry from the port to another part of the cost.  We then took a small tour bus to the beach.  When we got out of the bus this huge iguana was hanging out in the parking lot.   I would say it was about 3 feet long.  
  

We got our snorkel gear on and when snorkeling out in the ocean!  We were able to see about a dozen different sea turtles.  We saw at least two different species of sea turtles.  It was so much fun!  The ocean was really choppy, which made it really difficult to swim.  Kyle and I held on to each other the whole time because we were both a little nervous about getting sucked out to sea.  


After about an hour we took the bus to two Cenotes which means fresh water caves in Spanish.  Most people scuba dive in the caves, but we just snorkeled.  It was AWESOME!  I didn't get any pictures because there was no where to take my camera.  We swam through one of the larger caves and went back to a bat cave.  It was really cool, but a little scary.  There were stalagmites and stalactites we had to swim around and sometimes we only had about 15 inches of clearance.  It was also really dark! We have never seen anything like it!  It was amazing!

Afterwards we had lunch on the beach.  We would have liked to play in the ocean a little more, but it was really windy.  The swells in the ocean also made it a little scary.   We just put our feet in the sand.    I love the smell and feel of the ocean.  It is just magnificent to me!  I wish it had been a little better weather.  




The ocean is so pretty!  I tried to capture how blue the water is.  The picture doesn't due it justice.  It was incredible.  This is looking back at Cozumel from our ship.



1 comment:

Tannie Datwyler said...

Oh my goodness!! That looks amazing. I'm so glad you got to do something big for your 10th.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...