Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bragging Rights

I feel I have deserved some bragging rights so here it goes.

When I was pregnant with Grant Kyle came with me to a few of my ob/gyn appointments. One of the ones he came to was to find out Grant was a boy. Well, up to that point Kyle and I had both put on a little weight. I was starting to feel better and started to eat again. Kyle had gained weight from when I didn't feel good and he couldn't stand to see all of my food go to waste. When we told my doctor we were having a weight gaining contest he laughed and then jokingly said that I better be careful because men can lose weight easier then women. Well, that just frosted me.

After Grant was born I decided I didn't want to keep the baby weight I had with Grant. Kyle didn't want to keep his weight either. So he decided he was going to run a marathon in September 2008 and I just wanted to lose some baby fat. We bought a really nice treadmill so we could exercise at home.


Now Grant is just over 15 months old. I have run two 5K races. I weigh 15 pounds less then when I got pregnant with Grant. I have run 96 miles in 90 days. I had a checkup today with my Dr. I couldn't help but be proud of myself. I told him it was partly his fault that I was so determined to lose some weight.

I think I look better and I am more fit then I have ever been! Weight loss is a long road. It takes a lot of commitment. I am proud of what I have done. I would still like to lose a little more, but I don't know if I am willing to sacrifice my night time brownie/cookie/ice cream snack.

4 comments:

jill said...

Good work girl!!

The Byington's said...

That's awesome! Congrats! Losing weight is hard, especially with kids! But you go girl, you do deserve to brag!

Kristyn said...

Hey there! You looked awesome when I saw you at the 5k today! Great job! I have battled weight myself over my nine years of marriage, but I worked it out and lost a bunch too. Way to go girl! Maybe I'll run into you again--how about Top of Utah Half?

Lori said...

GO CEBU!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...