Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Why Try?

Today was one of those days. I am not a really big fan of Tuesday's because it is staff day. We have long pointless meetings every Tuesday. It is far from fun! I get home later than usual and I am not always in the best of moods.

Today I didn't get home until 6:00. Kyle and I hurried and threw dinner together. We had soup from a can and a grilled cheese sandwich. Neither one of us were paying attention and we burned our sandwiches. We didn't have any more bread and so we had to scrap off the burned part. (It still tastes burned.)

At 6:20 I flew out the door with Grant to go visiting teaching. I went to pick up Leslie, my partner, and we drove to Sondra's house. I was not feeling the spirit and really didn't want to go, but I was really trying to be positive. Within the first five minutes Grant was having a royal fit because he couldn't get into her piano, computer, or her nice set of books. I ran out to the car to grab a binky and a toy to help keep him entertained. While I was outside I reminded myself to stay positive and try not to focus on myself.

By 6:55 Grant had a blow out. It was all over him and the couch! I was so embarrassed! Leslie held him while I ran back to the car to find a diaper and wipes. Well, I didn't have any wipes, but I did have a roll of paper towels. I took Grant outside to change him so we wouldn't ruin anything else in the house. Poor Grant had to get wiped down with paper towels. He wasn't pleased. I really was tempted to just grab the hose and just spray him off.

At 7:10 I was back in the house with my smelly child dressed in a diaper. Leslie gave a spiritual thought and we went home. I was very grateful Leslie had the lesson this time. I don't think I could have done it. I was not feeling the spirit.

I got home at 7:30 and was feeling totally frazzled. I want to just scream and cry all at the same time. I really was hoping that by going visiting teaching I would feel better, but tonight was not the case. It is days like this that I ask myself "why do I even try?"

3 comments:

Tannie Datwyler said...

Oh, oh, oh - do I ever have days like that? I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only imprefect mother that gets frustrated!

On those days I just grin and bear it and know that tomorrow will be better. Sharing (like you did) helps me too. :)

TAKE CARE!

Sierra said...

I hate days like those... This is totally cheesy, but on days like those I go back to my blog (which has become my journal) and I re-read something happy or exciting that happened in my life. It helps me remember that life isn't always bad, but the opposition makes it worth the wonderful times! :-)

Elise said...

Those awful Tuesdays!!! I'm sorry Kelly! i miss everyone, but DEFINATELY NOT Tuesdays. I'll have to remember to start praying for everyone on Tuesdays that the meeting will be more effective and shorter! :) I hope the rest of your week goes better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...