Alright so Kyle and I sort of did the whole landscaping thing backwards. We have grass, flower beds and a garden, but no sprinkler system. We were told we would have secondary water by 2009, but we don't. Why doesn't that surprise me? Waiting for secondary water was one of the main reasons we didn't do a system first. Well, now I don't want to haul hoses for another summer.
I have called a number of local landscaping companies. I have bids between $2,600 and $3,700. Big difference I know! We have tried to do some research on our own, but I wanted to hear if you had any opinions one way or another. The biggest argument between all of these companies is the type of heads they use. One place uses "geared" rainbird heads, which are supposedly a lot better then the "chh-chh-chh-chhhhhh" ones. We also have heard that the cute little finger looking heads that I think look like some form of art are the best. Do you have any experience? Know any one who has any idea? Please let me know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Well...I don't actually have any idea about sprinkling systems, but your little boy is darling and I miss you too! I finally updated my blog. And, I joined facebook, but I can't find you! I tried Kelly Maybury, and I tried Cebu...nothing. What are you listed as? Maybe just search for Elise Monson Peterson and find me. Anyway, good luck with your lawn!
I don't know cause I don't have to do adult things like that yet but BEST OF LUCK!
I wish I had more advise. We have had our sprinklers in and running for only a week and in that time I have been to the sprinkler store at lest 3 times.
I few things I have learned is you pay for what you get. The more expensive the price for them the better they are. For us we didn't have the funds or time to get the better stuff so we have had a couple of issues.
The Sprinkler Store in Logan has a lot of good information. They have helped a ton. Sorry I don't have much more info.
Kelly, I miss you! How are things going? I'm sorry, I have no idea about the whole yard thing, but I have become less of a slacker and got on facebook, but I can't find you! I guess your going to have to find me!
Post a Comment