Sunday, August 25, 2013

Working At Home

I have been a stay at home mom now for almost 4 months.  Most days I really love it!  Sometimes it is very tiring and sometimes I want to DIE!

It has been an adjustment for me.  I have found having something planned every day really helps make the day go smoother.  This week we have had something every day.  Having something every day gets me motivated to use my time more wisely.  If I don't have something planned I am about ready to go crazy by 3 PM.  By 5 PM when Kyle gets home I am about ready to pull my hair out.

I am looking forward to school starting just so I can be on a little bit more of a schedule.  I know it will be another adjustment.  Honestly, I am really going to miss Grant.  He is so sweet and such a great helper.

One thing I have enjoyed about being at home is the cooking!  I know some of you might find this a little ironic, but I have thoroughly enjoyed trying new recipes and perfecting old ones.  I have perfected cinnamon rolls this week.  (Third time was the charm.)  I made homemade breadsticks with our spaghetti dinner.  Last week, I made three batches of peach jam.  Today I made homemade salsa with my home grown tomatoes!

I have had fun using my new food processor.  I asked for a food processor for Christmas last year.  I had to put the food processor in our storage unit without even using it because we were still living in our apartment.  I just didn't have enough room for it.  Now that I am in my house I have had fun using the food processor.  It is like Christmas in the summer!  It has been great for making my salsa and jam.

I am so glad I can be home to take care of my children and make healthy food!  Yum!

1 comment:

Tannie Datwyler said...

This is so fun to read. I agree with you that cooking is SO MUCH more fun when you aren't working. :) I cooked pretty well before I started staying home, but in the last several years I have really branched out. I LOVE to cook and try new recipes. :)

Staying home is an adjustment though... when I just had Claire for a couple of months before Linus was born (and right after I quit) I wasn't sure what to do with myself. But that has all changed now. I use up every second of my day now. :)

To answer your question about my 50 summer fun. YES! We plan on finishing them all. Claire starts school next Wednesday, so we still have this one week left to finish them up. We have 4 left and they are all scheduled out. So, we should get them all done. :) It's been fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...