I have seen many people on blogs and face book express their gratitude for 2012 to be over and excited for 2013! I have to say the Maybury's 2012 wasn't terrible, but it didn't all go as we had planned. Then again when does life ever go as planned. We have definitely had some major trials and some wonderful blessings this past year. We have definitely seen the Lord's hand in our lives.
1. In February Grant turned 4! He had been looking forward to this birthday with great anticipation. Granny and Evy were able to come up and celebrate with us. It was so much fun! Grant is such a wonderful boy!
2. We sold our house in May! We had no idea it would take 14 months to sell the thing. It was a huge financial obstacle we gladly washed our hands of. We felt very blessed because the house sold for $400 more than what we owed. We obviously didn't make a profit off the thing, but we also didn't have to foreclose on the house.
3. We sold our Dodge Ram truck. In order to pay for close to $10,000 in closing costs on the house we had to sell Kyle's baby. It was a tough decision for him and he really hated to see this sweet ride go. It was a major blessing to be able to almost instantly make $10,000. In the end we came out smelling like a rose on this deal. We sold it for exactly what we paid in 2008. We basically drove this truck for free for 4 years! If only we could have made that much off the house!
4. In July, Kyle turned the big 30! He was not looking forward to this birthday at all. Now that it is past he is ok with it. The birthday has inspired him to start being a little more healthy!
5. We were able to see two new temples open this year. The Brigham City temple opened in September. We feel close to this temple because it was announced while we were still living in Northern Utah. If we hadn't moved we would still be a part of the Brigham City temple district. It is a beautiful building and we are so happy for our old friends and neighbors.
In November, we were able to attend the Boise, ID temple open house. The temple had been closed since July 2010 for remodeling. It is so exciting to have the temple open again!
6. We are pregnant! We have struggled with infertility for almost 2 years now. It has been a major trial of our faith. I literally have to pinch myself every morning to remind myself I am pregnant.
This picture of our baby was taken in October at our first ultrasound. I was so nervous to go to this first ultrasound for fear the doctor would tell me we were having another miscarriage. I burst into tears when the doctor told me everything looked wonderful! We are so blessed!
Birthdays, better health, temples, financial freedom, and a new baby...in our books 2012 was a huge success!







1 comment:
Oh my goodness!! I am so behind on blogs, but I am very glad I read this one today. Congratulations on the baby!! I am so very excited for you.
Post a Comment