We were invited to a family neighborhood nativity this year. The kids between ages 2 and 8 got all dressed up in the traditional outfits and acted out the nativity.
I really appreciated this opportunity to help Grant grasp the true meaning of Christmas. This year I got a little book about the nativity to read during bedtime. I had a few Christ centered books, but not very many. The book I got was basically Luke 2, but with pictures and simpler text. Grant picks it almost every night. If you ask him who was Jesus's mother he will tell you Mary a girl from Galilee. I think it is pretty cute! I was glad we had read the book a few times before we went to the neighborhood nativity.
Grant insisted he be a shepherd. I was glad he didn't want to be Joseph because he was already taken. I think Grant makes a pretty cute shepherd! I took a ton of pictures of the whole group, but with that many kids and all the parents taking pictures from different angles I didn't get the best shot.
I remember acting out the nativity when I was younger. My cousins and siblings took turns being different characters. Eventually we got a little old and we stopped doing it.





No comments:
Post a Comment