Christmas afternoon we spent with my family. My mom cooked a delicious dinner with zesty orange chicken, veggies, and rolls. My dad picked up my Grandma Toombs so she didn't have to be alone on Christmas. I can't imagine being a widow during the holidays. I think it would be hard and I am glad our Grandmas could be with us.
It took a couple of hours to open presents because our family is getting so big! The kids could hardly contain themselves, but then again Grant ate a candy cane for breakfast so it shouldn't be a surprise.
This year Trace and Sierra had our names and we had their names. They both needed some nice work clothes and so we got them each a couple of shirts.
Kyle got some elk hunting stuff that makes noise. I think it is elk calls, but I am not really sure. Kyle really wants to get into elk hunting, but doesn't have all the necessary gear. I got a beautiful temple picture. Sierra has a temple picture in her home and I have always loved it. I can't wait until I can hang it up in a new house.
My dad is probably the most difficult person to shop for except for this year. We all pitched in and got him a tablet. My brother even spent some time getting some apps downloaded for him and syncing his email. My dad was able to open the tablet and start playing immediately.
My mom is also sometimes difficult to buy for, but this year she wanted a Garmin watch for running and biking.
My mom also made all the girls matching aprons. I didn't get a picture of all of us together, but they turned out so cute. My mom also made every family a Christmas table runner. My mom is seriously talented at sewing. I am grateful she takes the time to make homemade gifts. I sometimes think homemade gifts mean more. It isn't always about how much someone spends, but the thought that truly counts. I know if someone makes something for me they really put thought into the gift.
I made my mom a calendar for her desk at school. I know she misses seeing Grant on a regular basis and I hope the calendar helps not miss him so much.
I feel so blessed this year! I have so much to be thankful for. This year hasn't been easy, but it has been worth it. I feel so lucky to get see every single immediate family member this year for Christmas. It truly was a great holiday!
![]() |
| TMNT shirt in a blur because we are so excited! |
| Evelyn, Uncle Kyle, and Grant |
| one of Grant's favorite gifts-the Avenger action figures |
| he know exactly what to do with them |
| the best picture I could get with three excited kids (notice the baby is the only one sitting still) |





No comments:
Post a Comment