Saturday, January 5, 2013

More Christmas Celebration

Erin's boss gave her a gingerbread train to build with the kids for Christmas.  We got it out for Grant and Evy to build together.  Grant decided he wanted to decorate the train and Evy did the house.  They both did a great job.  Honestly, Evelyn's artistic ability is amazing.  She is very interested in detail!  She also has a lot of patience when it comes to doing artistic things.  It was so much fun to spend time with these kids.  They are such good friends and I feel bad they don't get to see each other often enough.

Grant was proud of his train with the peppermint lights on top

Evy is putting lights all over her house for Christmas
The house is getting all lit up

Preston got in the tub to keep his little hands out of the way of creativity


The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are very popular at our house!  Before Christmas we went to Toys 'r Us to do a little shopping.  Grant and Kyle found these really cool life size TMNT bandanas and weapon sets for their favorite turtles.  Grant wanted to get his dad the Michelangelo set for Christmas.  Kyle hid in the back of the store so it would be a surprise while Grant and I made his purchase.  Kyle then went back to the store and got Grant his Raphael set. 
When we got Grant's presents out to wrap I was a dork and grabbed the Raphael set our instead of the Michelangelo set. Grant saw his Christmas present!  He was mad when I put the Raphael set away.
The worst part was the following days before Christmas because Grant would ask me at least every day if he could open his Raphael turtle set.  
Grant was so happy to finally open his turtle set.  It has now been a week or so since Christmas and I put this bandana on 300 times a day.  He loves it.  I had to work a few days after Christmas and I when I came home Kyle and Grant were watching the TMNT movie with their bandanas on. 
Kyle is such a good dad to be willing to wear a kid size bandana.  It is fun to see them have so much fun together.



Evy and Grant being the Turtles
Preston makes a pretty cute Ninja Turtle


Grant is not a big fan of clothes, as I previously mentioned, however when the clothes have cool characters on them...like the Turtles or the Avengers he doesn't complain too much.  Grant found this Santa hat at my mom's house.  He was really concerned that Santa had lost his hat.  He wanted to know how we were going to get it back to Santa.  I reassured him it wasn't Santa's actual hat, but a replica.  


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...