Saturday, January 19, 2013

January 9, 2013


On January 9, 2013 we got to look at our beautiful little girl for nearly 30 minutes!  We got loads of pictures and a couple of video clips.  We are so excited to do the whole pink thing!  
Grant came with us to the ultrasound.  I don't think the tech appreciated his presence, but he was so thrilled to see his little sister.  

We actually knew this baby was a she before January 9th.  In December, I had a bad case of pregnant brain and showed up on the wrong day for my check up.  I showed up at the right time, but a day late.  I felt terrible.  I am not one to space my appointments and I know OB offices are busy.  I was lucky because normally my doctor isn't in the office on Fridays.  This Friday he was in the office as the doctor on call and agreed to see me. My doctor was very sympathetic and he could tell I felt awful about messing up my appointment time.  He tried to cheer me up, but I still felt so stupid.  Finally, he said, "hey I have a few minutes before I go to surgery. If we go look at your baby will that cheer you up?"  Of course I agreed!

The first thing we saw were the baby's legs and almost instantly he said, "this baby is a girl."  I felt bad that Kyle couldn't be there, but so excited to know a month early!

I have to say my pregnant brain has cost us two entire crock pot meals ruined.  I put the stuff in the pot and then forget to turn it on.  I have locked my keys in the car twice.  I have messed up my work schedule more times than I can count.  I have forgot to set my alarm clock and slept through the whole first hour of church.  But, for the first time my pregnant brain benefited me!  

I am so grateful to have such an understanding doctor.  He has really been wonderful!  I am grateful to Lise for referring Dr. Lowder to me.  Thank you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...