Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Faith Precedes The Miracle


Faith Precedes The MiracleFaith Precedes The Miracle by Spencer W. Kimball
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this book! After reading this book I wish I could remember Spencer W. Kimball as a prophet.  He died when I was young and I don't remember him at all.  This book helped me to get to know him a little better.   It served as a great reminder that faith is such an important principle of the Gospel of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
It is through faith that all great things come to past.  Spencer W. Kimball was an amazing prophet and a very good writer.  I loved how he went through so many aspects of the Gospel explaining how faith was so important to each and every part.
I would have given it 5 stars, but at the very end he went on a little soap box about Native American's.  He had a point and he definitely illustrated that point well.  I thought it went on a little too much and started feeling a little like a soap box.
I highly recommend this book to any member of the Church.  It is a great reminder of the gospel's core principles.  I would also encourage any new convert to the church to read this book.  President Kimball does a really good job explaining so many basic principles.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...