Thursday, November 10, 2011

I am thankful...

I am thankful for my brothers and sister.  I am lucky to have two brothers and one sister.  I may be the the oldest of the four, but I learn a lot from all of my siblings.

Blair, Erin, Trace, Me
(Trace's wedding 2007)
My brother Trace is just younger than me.  We were best of friends when we were little.  Trace and I would play outside for hours playing in the sandbox, riding bikes, and playing all kinds of games in the backyard.  When I hit puberty our relationship went south real fast!  I did some mean things to him and I am not proud of it by all means.  In my defense he thought it was funny to do things just to tick me off.  Luckily, we are now both adults and our relationship has been renewed.  Thank goodness!  I have always been a little jealous of Trace because he is so smart.  He fell asleep during the ACT and still got a 30 something!  He can read a novel in about 4 hours. Trace has taught me to do things because I want to and not because some said I should.  I have learned not to put up with other people's "crap" because it is just crap!
Trace and his wife Sierra

Erin is my one and only sister!  Erin and I have always got along pretty well. Erin and I are 5 years apart and so even though we got along we didn't always have a lot in common.  I was dating and she still hated boys. I was in college and she was in high school.  I got married and she was still dating.  Since she got married in 2006 our relationship has only improved.  Then when we were pregnant at the same time and had babies within 3 days of each other I feel like we are super close!  
Erin is a peacemaker like my dad.  She is the most genuine person I know!  Erin is smart and has excellent common sense.  Erin and I both had to work pretty hard for good grades.  (Neither one of us could fall asleep during our ACT and get a 30 something.)  I love watching her with Evy and Preston.  She is a great mother because she has so much patience! 

Erin and her husband Isaac

Blair is the baby of the family!  I was 9 years old when he was born.  I loved Blair so much growing up.  We have tons of pictures of me taking care of Blair as a child.  Blair is the most shy out of the four of us.  Some people don't know how awesome Blair is because he can be a little hard to get to know.  My brother is going to be 21 in about a week, which seems so unreal to me, but I think he is very mature for being 21.  Blair gets really good grades at college.  He is wise for his age.  Blair has a heart of gold.  It is so fun to watch him play with his niece and nephews.  The kids just love him.  I can't wait to watch Blair eventually get married and have a family of his own.  He is going to make a wonderful husband and father.  

Blair 2010
I really could go on and on about how wonderful my siblings are.  They all are such good people and I am so blessed to know them!  I love you!  Trace, Erin and Blair you are absolutely wonderful!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...